Some of the possible reasons why the booking process cannot be correctly concluded are:
- If you have not accepted our Cookies Policy, you will not be able to proceed with the payment. Please, click on the message "I agree" on our website.
- Online payments, for security reasons, do not support Internet Explorer or outdated browser. Please, use an updated version of browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or other. Alternately, use another device.
- Error in the identification of the card's holder or PIN. Please, try again by entering the correct data.
- Your card has expired or does not support online payments. Please, consult your bank.
- If your internet connection is too slow, the payment gateway is not displayed correctly.
Also, keep in mind that if you are trying to book tickets but the process is not completed successfully, you should wait for 5 minutes after repeating it, since the system automatically retains the seats during this time.
There is no public bus service neither to Roque de Los Muchachos Observatory nor the astronomical viewpoints Llano del Jable or Llano de Las Ventas. Own car or taxi is required. Normally, taxis wait for the customers until the end of the tour.
Public taxis and private buses/minibuses telephone numbers are provided below:
- Taxi Santa Cruz de La Palma: +34 922 416 070, +34 636 892 495
- Taxi Breña Baja: +34 609 463 261
- Taxi Villa de Mazo: +34 634 599 640
- Taxi Fuencaliente: +34 639 357 989
- Taxi Los Llanos de Aridane - Puerto Naos: +34 669 988 058
- Taxi El Paso: +34 922 485 003
- Private buses/minibuses "Grupo 1844 - Maxorata": +34 928 184 608
- Private taxi "Aceshuttle" Puerto Naos: +34 689 873 182
The closest restaurants to Refugio del Pilar area are situated in El Paso or San Pedro. Perhaps when the tour ends (depending on the time of the year), it will be late in order to find an open restaurant. We recommend you bring a picnic.
Llano del Jable and Las Ventas astronomical viewpoints are situated on the mountain, where nighttime temperature is much lower than at sea level (even if the day has been sunny and warm). Take into account that the thermal sensation is lower on a windy night. It is preferable that you bring more warm clothes rather than less.
Yes, you can. However, the tour is not recommended to children younger than 6.
No, this tour is not available on the 4-5 nights before the full Moon, due to the intense brightness of our natural satellite, which would affect the quality of the observation. Bearing in mind that the Moon rises in the east about 50 minutes later every day, from 2-3 nights after the full Moon phase, the stargazing can be carried out and, in fact, it will end before the Moon rises. More information about the Moon phases on this link.